To win campaigns we need to work together innovatively, in mutual trust that all are seeking to deliver a positive and successful result for our candidate and thereby our constituency. Our success is based on providing a motivated, committed and inspired team to engage with and “win” our electorate. As in every team, there are a variety of skills, knowledge and experience and we need to use these to our optimum to be successful by pulling together and supporting each other.
OUR TEAM VALUES
Personal Conviction: We believe that what we do is worthwhile and important to the future of our Nation and our local community.
- Assume positive intent against campaign goals for all members and supporters.
- Encourage, listen, respect and seek to understand views and ideas of all our team and supporters to improve our performance.
- Recognise and reward those who go “the extra mile” and celebrate our successes.
- Learn from our mistakes.
What We Will Not Do:
- Be arrogant about our approach
- Make promises we do not keep
- Commit to any activity without first understanding our ability and willingness to deliver.
We believe that we can achieve more through teamwork than as individuals.
Together Each Achieves More
- work for the common good of the campaign, trusting that we are all pulling in the same direction
- Seek to co-locate those elements of the team that are working to deliver the same outcome.
- Find “win-win-win” solutions to issues
- Collaborate between teams to resolve problems and celebrate team success
- Encourage and reward individual contributions to team problems
- Communicate honestly and openly, being prepared to challenge sensitively and respond to challenge objectively
- Value everyone’s contribution
- Be open-minded with no hidden agendas
- Focus on individual areas at the expense of the whole campaign
- Blame each other
- Seek advantage over others in “win-lose” situations
Trusted to Deliver
We value being trusted to deliver.
- Do what we say we will do, at a time and quality we have agreed.
- Identify problems early, communicating to our team and supporters and creating solutions together.
- Take ownership and accountability for delivering our shared goals.
- Invest in developing effective planning, communication and delivery skills.
- Recognise the diverse nature of our support and the broad range of skills and tasks necessary to achieve our goals.
- Say “yes” without being clear it can be achieved.
- Duck responsibility for the things we must do.
- Fail to value activity which is not directly voter facing.
Long Term Success
We value long term success.
- Develop a hunger to be better at what we do, embedding the right changes that improve our performance.
- Improve our understanding of our voter needs and our members requirements.
- Learn from experiences.
- From the above, establish and maintain a reputation as a top class Constituency Association.
- Benchmark ourselves by challenging performance openly.
- Reward effectiveness.
- Invest in the future particularly our youth.
- Nurture flexibility in our team.
- Develop future skills from within.
- Where differences exist engage in a way that maintains long term relationships.
- Be complacent about our performance.
- Rely on crisis management for which we have a track record.
R Thompson, Organiser-20/10/2015